Welcome to Michigan State University’s Travel Website
Please refer to the COVID-19 tab for the latest information on travel cancellation
guidelines and resources from our travel partners.
Travel@State provides faculty, staff, students, and guests with resources and information
related to traveling on behalf of the University.
MSU has negotiated contracts with multiple airlines, car agencies, and major hotel
Booking travel through one of our preferred agencies also gives faculty and staff
the ability to direct bill airfare and rail to their department/unit.
For more information on booking through Travel@State, please refer to the
page and the Preferred
Travel Agencies Benefits guide.
The Travel Office has suspended all in-person service due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please contact the Travel Office by phone - (517) 355-5000
or email - email@example.com for assistance.
What is Concur?
Concur is MSU’s travel and expense system that streamlines the travel process for
MSU faculty and staff.
What Concur can do:
- Calculate per diems, currency conversions, and mileage
- Book travel and link itineraries through the mobile app
- Add a receipt to your Expense Report just by taking a picture
- Allows travelers to separate business and personal expenses
- Quicker reimbursements
- Real time business intelligence on travelers and costs
- If an event has occurred, locate our travelers and open a line of communication
- Create cash advances and encumbrances during the pre-trip process
- Automated auditing
Have questions? Learn more by visiting our Reference Library
or by contacting the Travel@State team at
Need Help with Reimbursement?
Visit the Reimbursement Chart for information
on reimbursable expenses and receipt requirements.
Please refer to the Travel Policies & Procedures
to ensure compliance with Michigan State University regulations.
The Travel@State team has created a list of helpful resources to guide you through
each step of the travel process.
Both PDF and video resources can be found in the Reference Library.
Want to stay updated on the latest Travel@State news? Join our