Travel Agency Transition
MSU’s preferred travel agency is changing on January 8, 2024. You do not need to take any action at this time, however please read this page carefully
as it includes important information about the upcoming changes.
What is happening?
Michigan State University will be changing our travel management provider to Christopherson Travel.
They will begin servicing Michigan State University‘s travel needs beginning 9:00am, ET on January 8, 2024.
Why is this happening?
Per MSU procurement requirements, certain vendor categories require a periodic RFP and travel was conducted earlier this year. Christopherson Travel was
selected to take over from Frosch Travel based on extensive review and scoring of vendors proposal responses and is best placed to care for our travel
needs moving forward.
What does this mean for you?
Until January 3, 2024 at 9:00am, EST Continue to book travel as normal.
On January 3, 2024 at 9:00am, EST Concur Travel will be unavailable from 9:00am, EST on January 3, 2024, until 9:00an EST Monday January
8, 2024, in order to complete this transition. If there is urgent need to make travel arrangements within that time frame, please contact Frosch Travel:
Phone: 844-434-5026, Outside US: 517-827-2719 | Email: email@example.com.
Concur Request and Expense WILL be available at all times. This change does not impact operability or access of Concur Request or Expense.
The following are the steps to complete the transition for all remaining travel:
- Frosch Travel will service the remaining transactions for all travel arrangements booked up until 11:59pm, EST, January 7, 2024.
- Christopherson Travel will be responsible for all trips booked beginning January 8, 2024, at 9:00am, EST.
- All bookings made with Frosch Travel are to be fulfilled and serviced by Frosch Travel until all ticketed/booked travel is completed.
- If you have unused tickets, please contact Frosch Travel via email or phone to utilize that unused value toward a new ticket, before the expiration date.
- After January 7, 2024, trips booked with Concur/Frosch prior to January 3, 2024 at 9:00am will still appear in the “Upcoming Trips” tab, but users clicking
on the trip will receive an error message. It is recommended for travelers to retain copies of their itineraries from the original booking. FYI-Frosch
Travel will have access to those invoices, and you can contact Frosch Travel to obtain copies.
- If your travel requires booking before January 8, 2024, please contact Frosch Travel. If ticketing of your travel plans is not urgent, and can take place
after January 7, 2024, please ticket after that date with Concur or by contacting Christopherson Travel.
- Christopherson Training Slides
- Christopherson Contact Cards (Printable Version)
- See the attached flow chart for quick reference information.
- Additional information will be shared by email related to on campus training and introductions to Christopherson Travel, contact information, and any
other related items.
- Other than the scheduled Concur Travel offline time (January 3-8, 2024), nothing in Concur will change.
- Concur Request and Expense WILL be available at all times and this change does not impact operability or access of Concur Request or Concur Expense.
- Visit this page for the most up to date information related to the preferred travel agency transition.
- There will be no impact to the MSU Travel Card, MSU Agency Card, and MSU airline ticket payments transacted using Concur or the travel agency.
- This notification applies to faculty, staff, student, group and guests traveling on approved MSU travel.
- Multiple training and introduction sessions will be available and schedules are being finalized. Notification of these sessions will be emailed as they
- Christopherson Travel information is available at https://www.cbtravel.com/industry/university-travel/
If you have any questions about the upcoming changes, please reach out to the MSU Travel Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org